- You will be purchasing the digital version of the book (PDF).
- You will be purchasing the digital version of the book (PDF). Eight years ago, I joined a new company. My first challenge was to develop an automated management accounting reporting system. A deep analysis of the existing reports showed us the high necessity to implement a singular reporting platform, and we opted to implement a data warehouse. At the time, one of the consultants came to me and said, “I heard that we might need data management. I don’t know what it is. Check it out.” So I started Googling “Data management”… This book is for professionals who are now in the same position I found myself in eight years ago and for those who want to become a data management pro of a medium sized company.It is a collection of hands-on knowledge, experience and observations on how to implement data management in an effective, feasible and “to-the-point” way.
- You will be purchasing the digital version of the book (PDF). Data lineage has become a daily demand. However, data lineage remains an abstract/ unknown concept for many users. The implementation is complex and resource-consuming. Even if implemented, it is not used as expected. This book uncovers different aspects of data lineage for data management and business professionals. It provides the definition and metamodel of data lineage, demonstrates best practices in data lineage implementation, and discusses the key areas of data lineage usage. Several groups of professionals can use this book in different ways: • Data management and business professionals can develop ideas about data lineage and its application areas. • Professionals with a technical background may gain a better understanding of business needs and requirements for data lineage. • Project management professionals can become familiar with the best practices of data lineage implementation.
- You will be purchasing the digital version of the book (PDF). This book presents the “Orange” data management framework. This new framework assists data management professionals to establish a data management function and distinguises itself from other well-known guidelines being:
- Ready for use It provides the method for building an integrated data management function, based on data management capabilities. It also includes the structure and content of various data management policies and standards.
- Feasible and flexible It elaborates on the business capability model that allows breaking data management into multiples capabilities at lower abstraction levels. This approach enables assessing existing data management capabilities and developing the new ones that fit a company’s needs and resources.
- Data lifecycle/chain-oriented The “Orange” DMF aligns the structure and content data management capabilities with the building and optimization of data lifecycle/chain concepts.