Length: 3 hour
For whom: Business and data management executives and leaders, including Chief Data Officers and department heads
- Short lectures
- Group exercises
- A business case for a made-up company
- 1-hour private coaching session with Dr. Irina Steenbeek
Many companies have started data-related initiatives. Often, they start by changing and implementing technology. This approach only sometimes brings the expected results. Technology answers the question: How? But before that, the company must ask and answer two other questions: why it needs a data initiative and what it should achieve. A data management strategy or roadmap must answer these three questions for a company to succeed. In this 3-hour masterclass, we will answer these three questions.
During the Masterclass, we will dive into the following questions:
- Why does a company need a data strategy?
- The role of data and data management in the business success
- The common business drivers that lead to a data initiative
- Data management propositions to various business stakeholders
- What does data management mean for the company?
- Data management principles
- Factors that influence the strategy
- The required scope of a data management initiative and capability
- The required data management framework
- How can a company implement the strategy?
- A roadmap and long-term plans
- An integrated implementation approach
- Policies, processes, roles, and technology
- Measures for success
- Risks and mitigation actions
After completing this Masterclass, you will be able to:
- Design a data management strategy
- Prepare a roadmap
- Develop an implementation approach
- Design an integrated implementation plan for multiple data management capabilities
- Define requirements for IT technologies